Saturday, November 1, 2008

Beautiful Fall Season

I love this time of year. The Fall is so beautiful. Today the leaves have been falling like crazy. One good storm and it will blow them all off the trees and cover the ground. We are all helping to get ready around here for the snow to fall soon. I hate to think of that yet. I just want to enjoy the little bit of warmth left to this season. Warm days, crisp and cool mornings and evening. Awesome! I love it. But.... I do enjoy the winter, sort of. We need the moisture and love to see the changes, which later makes me very anxious for Spring to get here and see COLOR again, which I love. Oh, I just love being here in Utah. I can't believe that God created so much beauty to behold in this whole entire State, especially the quadrant of the State that we live in. So much to see and experience up close and personal, all year long. People used to ask me what there was to do in Utah, I would always say, "get out of the house and look around. There is so much to see and do". There is camping, fishing, boating, hiking, Biking - on road and off road, motorcycling, dunebuggying, 4-wheelin' of many types, on and on and on. Last year we went with my sister Terry and her family down near Hanksville on an all day hike. I thought she was trying to kill me :0). We walked for hours and hours throught beautiful very deep revenes that you could practically touch both sides at the same time in most places. They we several stories high. Many places had so much water that we had to swim for a long ways just to get across. It had recently rained. All of the animal dung on the whole entire desert had been washed down to these rivers we swam through. Yikes!!!! The dirt was red. We were covered with red dirt and dung and wet. Fun!!!! Thanks Terry. I couldn't walk for days after that. I told her I thought she loved me but now I wasn't sure :0= jk. Mostly it was just fun to be together. We did survive. We slept well that night for sure. If Terry and Gene ask you to go hiking with them, well, ask alot of questions first. Like, when were you there last? How long did it take? Are we likely to accidently spend the night out in the rocks? You just never know what kind of adventure you might get into with them but look how exciting their lives are. Good job guys!

2 comments:

Gardner Family said...

11 days until coldstone and 11 days until Baby Zach is here.....scheduled c-section is NOV 12 at 7:30 am!!!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Miss Megan said...

I love your attitude of gratitude! Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Utah - I think sometimes I take it for granted that I get to experience all the beauty and wonder of the four seasons. :)