Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Carolyn hates dogs!

So here I am with Buddy. Our new Lab puppy so lovingly given to us by Jennifer and Chad, thank you very much. See, I don't like dogs. Ok, just most dogs, most of the time. I don't mind some dogs, as long as they belong to someone else. Jennifer brought him to us when she came to visit us while Brian and Joy were here for Labor Day weekend. She thought Dad would like him. (Of course he did. He's a guy.) Who wouldn't love this adorable little guy. Look at him. He is about four months old here with me. When he arrived he weighed 20 lbs. Now he wieghs 45 lbs after just a month or so. Wow! Well, this little guy kinda grows on ya the longer he's around. I just didn't want someone else to take care of that wasn't going to grow up and move away someday. Now, when we travel we have to take him or kennel him. I have to be a poop pickin' up dog owner. I have to worry about his barking bothering someone (like me). Oh well. I guess I'd just better get used to it. I think he's here for good. The boys love him. Ok, I'm getting to think he's kind of cute. Maybe I even kind of llike him now. We are bonding more and more. Barney has been good to take time for him each day, training and exercising him. They go for morning walks together. I could almost get jealous sometimes. (Not.) Sometimes go to. He's such a baby. He still chews on everything. He doesn't get to come into the house, much. The cat is an indoor/outdoor cat. He was here first. The dog is curious about the cat but usually respects the cats "space". The cat and dog are getting more and more accepting of eachother and the gaps in their personal space is shrinking. They are cute to watch. Barney is always saying "your cat is taunting my dog" (just by looking at the dog, and hissing). I say " The cat is just protecting his space and making sure the dog knows who is boss. (The Cat.)

No comments: